Challenge number 3.

As many of you may have seen, I was back in hospital on Monday for another little operation. I’d been sore since my dilatation, but simply thought it was because had another little operation! The output from Sally was very watery and my stomach cramps were getting increasingly worse. I’d been to a&e and they had said if it gets worse, make sure we tell someone but it wasn’t until I’d spent yet ANOTHER night on all fours, with mum rubbing my back, breathing slowly and trying not to pass out that I realised something wasn’t right. We had an appointment with a stoma nurse on Thursday and we pleaded with her to do something. We were meant to be there for a 10 minute appointment, but we were there for an hour! A little side note – I say “we” because my mum has been there for me every step of the way. It’s almost as if she has a stoma as well! When I’m sore at night time, she’ll come marching down the stairs and keep me company! Chatting to me and making me laugh, even if it’s at 4 in the morning. We’ll have a good old laugh at Callum sleep walking and sleep eating! She has been amazing throughout all of this and I love her more than words. – to carry on! We asked the stoma nurse to do something and she promised she would. And she kept her word! On Monday I was admitted to the surgical ward, I was seen straight away by Dr Allijani and told I needed a small procedure to cut the muscle surrounding my stoma. On Tuesday, I was answering the surgical questions before I had even opened my eyes! I was told I was on the emergency list so I would probably be going around 2 o clock, the next thing I knew I was being wheeled down to the anaesthetist! At around 9.30am! I went down and had some banter with the anaesthetists! I told them that I had written the joke “what is an ostomates favourite punctuation Mark? – a semi colon!” they laughed and said I wouldn’t need any laughing gas as I had a great sense of humour! I figured thats the best thing to do. So many things have happened when I could have quite easily broken down and gotten upset but I figured, what’s the point? After I woke up from the surgery I had a really sore throat from the tube they put down to help me breathe, it’s still sore today! I was also really crabby because I needed to sleep but I was all groggy and bleugh. But here we are! I’m back at home and resting, playing with Paddy and doing little things to keep me busy. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this is the last surgery I will need before my reversal but who would know? Life comes one day at a time. All I know is that it is too short not to live every moment to it’s fullest.


One thought on “Challenge number 3.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s